Liberty Jane Mini Skirt Pattern For American Girl Dolls

Pattern is available to purchase exclusively through PIXIE FAIRE. Click HERE to go directly to the website.

PATTERN OVERVIEW: Classic mini skirt style! If your AG Doll doesn’t want to wear a classic denim mini skirt, we’d be shocked! Have you asked her lately? Is she permanently stuck in 1774? Maybe you should let her out, just for an afternoon! If you take her to the mall, she’s going to see Hollister, then you’re going to be in big trouble. She’ll never want to put that long dress on again. So her knees show, is that really such a big deal when you’ve got pretty and lean plastic legs? It’s your choice of course, but we think she might like it! And the best part of course, this fun mini skirt is simple to make. Once you learn how, you can do dozens of variations with different colors and fabric styles.

PATTERN GUIDEBOOK DETAILS: This is a 14 page guidebook that you digitally dowloaded as a pdf file so you can start your project immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf and you’re ready to start. The Guidebook provides step-by-step instructions on creating mini skirts for your 18 inch American Girl Doll. In terms of sewing difficulty, this is a very simple beginner level pattern with instructions and pictures layed out in a way that a new sewer can understand, and a veteran seamstress can finish really quickly. Once you learn to make this skirt, you can do dozens of fun variations in different fabrics, styles, and colors! And don’t forget when you buy a pattern, you get the Shiny Happy Dress Instructions Too!

Pictures – Beautiful example pictures of skirts including our popular Abercrombie & French Fries, Copy Cat, and Rockin The Quad.

Step-by-Step Instructions – These easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl Doll’s new skirt.

The Pattern – Easy to use, wonderfully designed, and not complicated. You get two styles, the straight front seam, and the trendy front hook seam.

Frequently Asked Questions…Are the instructions simple even if I’m not a good seamstress? Yes!Can I start immediately if I have a sewing machine and material? Yes!Can I make skirts using a pair of my dad’s old jeans as the fabric? Yes, but ask first!Will the finished product come out like the pictures if I follow the directions? Yes!Will you give me a refund if I’m not happy with the pattern? Yes!Will making this help me become a better seamstress if I’m just starting out? Yes!I’ve seen Simplicity patterns and they seem really hard, is this easier than those? Yes!

Your step-by-step guide to creating Mini skirts for your 18 inch doll

Now you can make this cute skirt quickly and easily.

Pattern Included!
*Before printing your new guidebook, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.

- – – – – -
Wondering what the Guidebook is like? Here is a sample page:

Page #7 From The Guidebook:

Examples Of Finished Skirts From Page 13 In The Guidebook:

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: If you are interested in using this pattern for work from home commercial purposes, (for example  to sell items on Ebay or Etsy), and want to receive details about the Liberty Jane Partners Program, simply send us a email request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com.  We’d love to help you start your new home-based business.

- – – – -
A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. Copyright 2010 © Liberty Jane Clothing, all rights reserved.

Ps. Don’t forget we have a nice collection of free patterns, try them all!

19 Responses to “Liberty Jane Mini Skirt Pattern For American Girl Dolls”

1. Kathy Wilkerson says:

First of all, I love using your patterns! My question is, how do you make the Justice shirt shown?

• Cinnamon says:

Hi Kathy, Thanks! The pattern for the shirt on the cover with the skirt is the CA Cami Pattern, Is that the top you’re referring to? We featured a listing in our newsletter with a Justice Tee that was made from an actual girls T-Shirt, the graphics were small enough for it to work perfectly for a doll sized tee.:)

2. Mary Ann says:

I love this skirt pattern. It is so versatile. I have made it twice now. Once with a tank and vest and then the next time with a tank and cami. I’m getting ready to make it again but this time with a trendy T. The possibillities are endless for a different look every time.

3. Jennifer says:

I am really enjoying all of your patterns, hoping to try this one next!

4. Aimee L. says:

I just LOVE this pattern! First, it’s a classic! Who doesn’t love a great denim mini? Second, not only is it a classic, but it’s trendy, as well! Third, I think it’s just about the easiest pattern in my stash to stitch up! I’ve been able to repurpose a number of my daughter’s outgrown denim capris for this skirt, and she loves every single one! Perfect!!!

5. Christine P. says:

Love this pattern! Easy and oh-so-stylish. I made a mini with re-purposed jeans and gold jeans top stitching thread. I frayed the bottom edge. Looks fantastic!

6. Jennifer S says:

Love this skirt – looks so trendy and what an awesome way to repurpose some old jeans and give our AG dolls some stylin’ clothes! Your website is great I just found it via Etsy and cannot wait to start sewing!

7. cyria g says:

This skirt is so fun. Endless ways to embellish it. An easy canvas to create something special with.

8. Kristin Cornell says:

Super cute…I LOVE this one! Actually, I love ALL of your patterns! I am totally addicted now.

9. Jonna says:

This pattern is soooooo cute! I know it will be a pattern I will be using alot as the next school year starts in the fall. You are right cyria g there will be endless ways to embellish these skirts.

10. Spicemuffin says:

So cute and delightfully easy!

11. Mindy says:

This is my favorite, simple yet so cute, I want to try doing a longer variation

12. […] pattern, you get the Shiny Happy Dress instructions as our free gift!  If you want just the top or skirt you can purchase them separately too (just click the red words “top” or […]

13. horseygal says:

I love the Pattern Overview– once she sees Hollister… after I make one of these, I might have to use fabric paint to put the eagle on it!!

14. Becky says:

I’d love to see this made in black denim with embroidered designs and ribbons.

15. Etta says:

This looks like a great pattern, my only concern is the difficulty. I was able to make the tank top by and t-shirt. Do you think this would be to difficult?

16. madison says:

how cute.

17. Jennifer says:

I love the look of this skirt and just made one for my daughter’s AG doll, but it won’t fit over the doll’s but. I checked the scale before I started, just to make sure that the printer was on, and I just double checked the pattern pieces with the finished product and they match. Any one else have this issue (I have McKenna).

• Jennifer says:

It looks like McKenna’s hips are just over 12.5″ at the widest point, and the waist of the skirt is only 12″.

• Cinnamon LJC says:

Hi Jennifer, Sorry to hear this. It might be because of the fabric choice or the width of the folding at the center front and center back (on the skirt). The skirt should fit tight, but you should be able to pull it up over the hips. Our Saige doll measures 11-3/4″ around the hips and the skirt fits perfecty, you might just need to add 1/4″ to each side when cutting it out so that it fits your doll. It sounds like she has bigger hips :) Hope this helps!

18. […] you could easily sew working buttonholes if desired).Pair this cute top with shorts or capris, a mini skirt, or a casual pair of cut-offs – Looking pretty has never been […]