Faraway Downs Dress Pattern for AG Dolls

PATTERN OVERVIEW: The Faraway Downs Dress is one of our most popular designs. If you need your doll to look like an Australian outback beauty, this is the pattern for you. There is even a bonus skirt variation.
Note: The Dress is an intermediate difficulty pattern.
The skirt is easy.

Pattern is available to purchase exclusively through PIXIE FAIRE. Click HERE to go directly to the website.

PATTERN GUIDEBOOK DETAILS: This is a beautifully illustrated guidebook that you digitally dowloaded as a pdf file so you can start your project immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf document, which includes the pattern and you’re ready to start. The Guidebook provides step-by-step instructions to create the Faraway Downs Dress for your 18 inch American Girl Doll.
*Before printing your new guidebook, ensure the ‘page scaling’ option is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.
Frequently Asked Questions…

Are the instructions simple even if I’m not a good seamstress? Yes!

Can I start immediately if I have a sewing machine and material? Yes!

Can I make this using old material that I already have? Yes!

Will the finished product come out like the pictures if I follow the directions? Yes!

Will you give me a refund if I’m not happy with the pattern? Yes!

Will making this help me become a better seamstress if I’m just starting out? Yes!

I’ve seen Simplicity patterns and they seem really hard, is this easier than those? Yes!

– – – – – – – – –

You Get…

Pictures – Beautiful example pictures of the Faraway Downs Dress and Skirt variation.

Step-by-Step Instructions – These easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl Doll’s new dress. Note: This is a intermediate level pattern. It’s a bit longer than most of our patterns, but if you take your time, you can do it.

The Faraway Downs Pattern – Easy to follow, wonderfully designed, and not complicated.

Bonus – The skirt variation pattern.

Extra Bonus – The Shiny Happy Dress Bonus Instructions – Don’t forget, when you buy any Liberty Jane Patterns you get a bonus gift – the directions for making the Shiny Happy Dress!

– – – – – – – – –

A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: If you are interested in using this pattern for commercial purposes, (for example  to sell items on Ebay or Etsy), and want to receive details about the Liberty Jane Partners Program, read more here. We’d love to help you start your new home-based business.

– – – – –

A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are receiving 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. Copyright 2010, all rights reserved.

If you want to purchase this pattern as a gift for someone else, you can certainly share it, or we can provide you with a special gift/coupon code so your recipient can download it to their computer directly. Email us at cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com for more details.

25 responses to “Faraway Downs Dress Pattern for AG Dolls”

1. Gramma Karen says:

I love the Faraway Downs Dress – the detail is incredible and the dress fits the doll so well.

2. Emmie's Edition says:

I love the "Faraway Downs Dress Pattern" because of the bonus skirt variation pattern! It's adorable!

3. Bea Jennifer says:

I love the Faraway Downs dress Pattern because i like dresses in my dolls especially with ruffles! i also like how it is buttoned. this dress looks super cute!

4. Priscilla says:

I love this dress because it's modern and feminine! It makes me think of a nice sunny day and a stroll by the beach 🙂

5. Cathy says:

Cute pattern! I like the variations.

6. Susana F says:

I like this pattern a lot because it is very feminine, although it took me several days to finish it, at the end I was very excited with the result. It is a shame I can not get small buttons in Mexico very easily but I keep searching!

7. Linda Blaker says:

Just finished the skirt version of this pattern, and LOVED it! This is will be an often repeated skirt, as it’s adorable, and I can’t say enough good things about! It was easy, and a delight to look upon! Way to go, Liberty Jane!

8. I just finished making the skirt version from this pattern – sooo cute. It is going to be one of my favourites to make.

9. Denise Gause says:

I love this one!!!! It will definitely be one of my next patterns…. So cute and I love all the different ways you can change it up.

10. […] working on for the 2011 Fall line. It’s a similar style to the skirt version included in the Faraway Downs Sewing Pattern, but it incorporates the updated waistband style that was introduced in the newest version of the […]

11. Karen Wadsworth says:

I have a question: Cinnamon, can you recommend some suppliers for doll-sized D-rings (like you’ve used in this pattern), as well as doll-sized cinch buckles? I’d love to create the complete look, but I think I’ve spent more time trolling the internet for resources than I have sewing! Thanks in advance 🙂 (Hint: Maybe a future blog???)

12. Hmmm! Pick ONE favorite pattern? Can that be done?! 🙂 I will say this one (for this moment) since I love the versatility of making the skirt or the dress. Also because I have the perfect pink cotton for the dress and some sparkly fabric for the skirt!

13. Emily FourLeafCloverSixZeroNine says:

I have wanted this pattern since I began to design. Its absolutaly amazing and I want it so bad. I j’adore your amazing patterns and when I got my first, I didn’t get this one, because I thought it would be way too hard for me. Now I really wish i had gotten it because I want it so badly to use!

Thank you or having a giveaway LJC!:D

-Emily

14. Holly says:

I love this pattern because it’s so cute and girly. I made it for my doll and she loves it! The pattern is so adorably cute.

15. Kristen says:

This is definitely my favorite pattern because it inspired me to try making my own doll clothes based off real outfits that I like.

16. Meg says:

This is definately my favorite pattern! though time consuming, it is beautiful and a sure seller 🙂

17. Madison says:

How heavy of fabric do you use?

18. Eva says:

I’d love to see this made of a nice dark jeans fabric…

19. Pam says:

This pattern is wonderful! The best doll clothes pattern I have ever used. I made the dress to look just like the picture and it came out perfectly the first time – no mistakes in this pattern! Highly recommended – give it a try!

20. Celeste says:

This dress is amazing, it turned out beautifully!
    Which is the doll modeling it?

21. Cathy Goold says:

I absolutely love this dress. It has just the right detail. Very cute! I would love to see this dress in a dark salmon color. I think it would be amazing on my doll!

22. Jemma says:

Id love to see this dress in a light weight denim look fabric with lots of top stitching detail in a contrast colour. (i have this pattern but havent tried it out yet. cant wait to get stuck into it!)

23. Kristi says:

I’d love to see this made in an olive corduroy. Love this pattern!

24. Jazzie says:

Ahhh, loving the look of the dress and skirt right now! I don’t know to get this, the Le Marais Coat, Denim Jean Jacket, or the entire Sofia Bundle… Hmm, tough decisions. Well, one thing for sure, I’ll be purchasing a LOT of patterns today. xD

25. Deby says:

I have enjoyed making this pattern so far, but I have a question as it relates to the instruction about the ruffle. Is their a place to email my question?

26. […] used the Faraway Downs pattern to make this top, and added a matching skirt with elastic waist. This is my second outfit for the […]