Oxford Square Coat

Pattern Overview: The Oxford Square coat was one of our most popular designs of 2010. If your doll needs a heavy coat, this is the pattern for you.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Frequently Asked Questions…

Are the instructions simple even if I’m not a good seamstress? Yes!

Can I start immediately if I have a sewing machine and material? Yes!

Will the finished product come out like the pictures if I follow the directions? Yes!

Will you give me a refund if I’m not happy with the pattern? Yes!

Will making this help me become a better seamstress if I’m just starting out? Yes!

I’ve seen Simplicity patterns and they seem really hard, is this easier than those? Yes!

- – - – - – - – -

What You Get For Just $3.99…

Pictures - Beautiful example pictures of the coat.

Step-by-Step Instructions - These easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl Doll’s new coat.

The Pattern - It’s wonderfully designed, and not complicated.
The Shiny Happy Dress Instructions - This is a set of instructions, not a full pattern guidebook, but with the instructions you can quickly make a Shiny Happy Dress.

- – - – - – -

You Can Do It!

At the American Girl Doll Store you’d pay around $35 for a new outfit for your doll. But you can make these dresses for less than the cost of a Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha. Making this outfit yourself is an extreme value! Go for it.

- – - – - – - – -

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -

A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: If you are interested in using this pattern for work from home commercial purposes, (for example  to sell items on Ebay or Etsy), and want to receive details about the Liberty Jane Partners Program, simply send us a email request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com.  We’d love to help you start your new home-based business.

- – - – -

A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. Copyright 2010, all rights reserved.

28 Responses to “Oxford Square Coat”

1. Ange says:

This coat is just adorable!

2. Linda says:

This coat is too cute! Love how the fit looks.

3. Linda Blaker says:

The Oxford Square Coat has been my favorite pattern since I first laid eyes on it! I’ve made it up (and sold it!) in wool, flannel, and cotton, and it’s PERFECT each and every time! Love this pattern! Class Act!!

4. Kristen says:

I love this coat!!!! I wish I could figure out how to make me one from this pattern!!! You are amazing!!!

5. I love the original jeans pattern and hope to get this coat pattern next. They look so good together!

6. Marissa says:

This would have to be my favorite pattern, not only does it match well with various outfits and fabrics, this is EXACTLY like my jacket. It would be hilarious seeing my doll and I flaunting the same coat while walking down the street! :)

7. [...] knit fabrics. Layer the dress over a cute tank top for Summer or pair it with a cropped jacket or a wool coat and leggings for Fall. There are also simple instructions to use this pattern to make a top or a [...]

8. Chrisitne says:

Does this Jacket have lining or facing, Button or zipper?

Hi Christine, The pattern is very simple. No lining, but it coutld easily be lined if you are familiar with how to do it. There are flaps on the front, but no buttons or zippers. You could easily add buttons, but there are not placement guidelines for them.

Cinnamon

9. Suanne says:

I’m a new American Girl Mom and I’m so glad to find Liberty Jane and all the wonderful patterns available, so many great pieces to choose from. This is coat is near the top of my list as a “must have”, I love the modern style presented in, what seems to be, a very easy to sew pattern. Thanks!!

10. Elle says:

Hi i adore this outfit! thoogh im not sure i will be able to make it . but i will try!

11. Judi says:

Can this pattern be used for the BFC Ink dolls? If so, how?

12. Miranda says:

This is a REALLY cute coat! I like this pattern because if anyone DID make a custom boy AG doll, they could wear the coat, too! Also, it seems pretty easy to add and subtract the number of pockets, remover the hood, or shorten the jacket. The pattern is just so versatile! :D

~Miranda

13. Monica says:

my daughter made this by herself it was easy to follw and the coat turned out great

14. Madelineluvsyew says:

Really love this.Gonna use it for Katniss’s hunting coat.Love love love love love love love love………LOVE.

15. Lauren says:

Would you recommend this for my daughter? She is twelve.

Sure, if she has a baisc knowledge of sewing. This jacket is easier than most because the sleevea have straight seams, not curved in a circle.

16. Charlotte says:

how much fabric does this need? i have some left over black cotton knit fabric at about 27 1/2 inch by 19 inch. is that enough?

17. Holly says:

I’d love to see this in a burgandy velveteen.

18. Diane Lampshire says:

I bought the “Oxford Square” pattern and and made it out of corduroy, the coat could not even reach to the other side of my American Girl doll. I think the pattern needs to be re cked. I love your patterns and was very disapointed in this one. The seams were as narrow as I could possably make them and still I could not get it to reach to the dolls other arm.
    Diane

19. Lauren says:

I would like to buy this, but I want to know what fabric this is made from, because I don’t want to go to the store to get it, can anybody tell me what fabric is used in this?

20. Elle says:

Can you make this pattern into a raincoat?

21. Janise says:

Oh my, have to add this pattern to our list! My daughter just got her first American Girl doll and she keeps saying “mommy, look at this one – can you sew this one too..pretty please”. Needless to say, this is what my weekend will be all about. Thanks for the great patterns.

22. Gabrielle Mauerman says:

This pattern was a joy to sew. The finished product was perfect. I sewed it out of wool as well as a synthetic fabric and both turned out great. The directions and finishing touches turn out a very professional (read “trade manufactured for people”) product.

23. Sammi says:

I’m about to buy this pattern! Can’t wait to sew it!

24. Scout says:

So it seems like this pattern is very easy. Is it? I’ve made some of you other clothes and they were super easy (example: skinny jeans) is this one just as easy? thanks!

25. Jazzie says:

So adorable, can’t WAIT to get it. Love that its not curved sleeves, makes it all the much easier! :D

26. Pam says:

I am totally disappointed in this pattern. The hood does not fit the jacket. Poorly designed and although very cute, I am very disappointed.