How to add a zipper to the LJC Jeans

Here’s a great set of instructional pictures, from LJC Partner Donna – Sweetscraps, showing how to insert a real working zipper into the front of the Liberty Jane Jeans.

Thanks Donna!

19 responses to “How to add a zipper to the LJC Jeans”

1. sweetscraps says:

It sure is fun seeing my work on this site. I hope others can benefit from it.

2. enee miller says:

Thanks for the zipper lesson, I have some very small doll clothes zippers and was wanting to use them, now I can…

3. sweetscraps says:

I made one mistake in my instructions…if the zipper is to be right handed , the left front should go OVER the right front. (if you notice there are actually 2 different zippers in my pictures one opens left and one opens right).

4. the way I like to do the waistband is; after the front and back are sewn together, sew the band on then cut a slit at each side seam, (inside piece only), just enough to insert the elastic. Using a safety pin work elastic through one slit and out the other. stitch down one side then draw up to fit ( about 3 or 4 inches ), stitch the other end and cut of excess length. I tuck ends of elastic inside the band and stitch along each edge of slit to secure and keep fabric from fraying. Hope this helps.

5. another way is to do the front and back bands separately. insert elastic into the back before sewing on the front. this way the front facing can be sewn down over the back side seams to hide.

6. […] going to create the jeans exactly to the pattern specs, but then I found  a little article about adding a zipper to the Liberty Jane Jeans Pattern. I had to do it. I started looking for a tiny zipper, but then I thought, why not use the zipper […]

7. balloon says:

It would be advisable to know grab details about potential market
    before contacting any game expert. 16, 2013Following the missions,
    and reached 78% Mastery on “Gobbledigook” by Sigur Ros on lead guitar.
    11, 2013Continued following the main three “Rocksmith” missions,
    which had goals such as 30% mastery in “Everlong,” complete
    “Everlong” in Score attack, and reach level three in “Scale Racer.

8. If you love to cook and you are trying to lose weight, you can actually skim the fat off the top of any soups you cook.
    Believe it or not, but it has been proven that this
    pill has the potential to help you lose up to 25 pounds in
    just 6 weeks. There are many products and strategies that overweight people are using all over the world with varying rates
    of success.

9. Technically this variation in speed consisted of a slight adjustment of the diaphragm.
    -like profile that highlights your past work experience and specific accomplishments.

I also really liked Shakha Proshakha (Branches of
    a Tree), Agantuk.

10. s easy to get this loan these days, you just need to follow some steps and consider
    some precautions. re planning to live in the home for more than
    that. However, these kinds of weight loss procedures produce temporary results.

11. So if you’re using this case, you don’t need an expensive lightning cable.
    When performing this, attach the paper model to
    the fabric, which should be folded in two to wrap both
    sides of your mobile phone cover. Image Credit
    ‘ Images courtesy of the respective retailers.

12. trap music says:

The show also will be carried on radio worldwide via Westwood One, and webcast online
    at GRAMMY. “Forrest Gump” and “Erin Brokovich” are rejected when everyone finally agrees on the perennial favorite, “Scarface. Season 2, Clay Aiken, Josh Gracin, and thousands of records sold, Chris Daughtry sold millions of copies with his band Daughtry.

13. leather chesterfield sofa modern leather suite leather chesterfields leather chesterfield.

Modern Eco Homes has really stayed true to the saying “everything old is new again”.
    There is no substitute for quality when you are buying something
    you need to have in your home for a long time.

14. web says:

Go through the pictures taken so far and choose the best record in your portfolio.
    It has a graphical user interface, so you can simply open
    a RAW file and experiment with the controls to see
    how they affect the image. I started with my trusty inkjet printer at home, but that quickly became insupportable as a solution.

15. Donte says:

Also make sure that you drink plenty of water during your
    Halloween celebrations. If the students have practiced with the magazine faces,
    display the magazine faces, upside down with their drawings of the magazines.
    For beginners it is much quicker and easier than using a brush.

16. If you can paddle into this standing wave you have
    a theoretically endless wave until you fall or are physically exhausted.
    Moss Bay is located on the south end of Lake Union,
    a perfect base for exploring the lake and surrounding houseboats
    or heading through the Montlake Cut and into the
    waters of the Arboretum. Though an antiquated water sport, Paddle surfing is the
    latest trend sweeping through the beaches all across the world.

17. Goodyear also sells tires and performs scheduled maintenance on all types of cars
    by ASE-Certified Technicians. ” The joke, of course, among those making the mistake of purchasing for cash from Hurd is, “He must keep
    Grandma in the trunk. Shelling out cash for clothes is a little less painful when you’re not paying full
    retail price.

18. Angelita says:

Can I simply just say what a comfort to find somebody who genuinely knows what they’re talking about on the
    web. You actually understand how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
    A lot more people must look at this and understand this side of
    your story. It’s surprising you are not more popular
    since you most certainly possess the gift.

19. Great post. I’m facing a few of these issues as
    well..

Here is my blog post limestone Tiles – empdesign.Net

20. Oh my goodness! This little tutorial has saved my life. I have been frustrated with putting a zipper in a pair of dress pants I am making. I have been sewing since I could string buttons for my Grandma. I found my zipper project to be a very big challenge in such a small garment. Thank you thank you thank you. I love pixie Faire the information available on the site.