Dress and Top for American Girl Doll

Pattern Overview: A versitile doll clothes pattern for American Girl Dolls that can be made with either knit or woven fabrics. Multpily her wardrobe options with all of the variations included in this chic new pattern. Designer Cheryl Heughins has provided us with this cute new dress and top pattern for 18 inch American Girl® dolls. You can see all of the options below in the cute video!

If the video doesn’t play you can watch it on YouTube by clicking here

You Can Do It!

At the American Girl® Doll Store you’d pay around $35 for a new outfit for your doll. But you can make these clothes for less than the cost of a Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha. Making this outfit yourself is an extreme value! Go for it.

- – - – - – - – -

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -
A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: Want to become a partner? This pattern is intended for your personal use and enjoyment with your American Girl Doll, and not for commercial purposes. However, if you’d like permission to use our patterns for work-from-home sewing and selling, send us a request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com. We would be thrilled to partner with you. Copyright 2010, All Rights Reserved.
- – - – -
A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. Copyright 2010, all rights reserved.

If you want to purchase this pattern as a gift for someone else, you can certainly share it, or we can provide you with a special gift/coupon code so your recipient can download it to their computer directly. Check out our gift codes page here.

12 Responses to “Dress and Top for American Girl Doll”

1. Tiffany says:

This is just a variation of Heritage Doll Clothes’ Ruffled T-Shirt Dress.

2. Sylvia says:

This is a cute dress, great style but I don’t understand the directions for the gluing. Especially at the neck line. What is it that I’m gluing?

3. Laura says:

This is a very cute pattern. Hopefully my daughter will be ready for sewing something like this soon.

4. Jennifer Courter says:

I love to shop your patterns, but with my slow internet connection, the video bogs down the other pics and I spend way too much time waiting on it to load (30 minutes and counting). Is there any way to be sure the pictures load first?

Sorry for the frustration :) I will ask Ardently Admire for the image files and get them posted here, so you don’t have to watch the video to see the examples.

5. Celeste says:

This pattern is dreadful. It does not work in a woven fabric
    like the instructions said. The neck of the dress is WAY too big, and to make it fit the seam allowances have to be, like, an inch. The tank top option is even worse, the front is WAY too wide, and the arm holes are HUGE. This was very disappointing because the pattern looks really cute. :(

• Cinnamon says:

HI Celeste, Sorry to hear this. Are you sure that you have it printed at the right scale. I’ve seen this pattern made so many times and it’s turned out so cute!

6. Danette says:

I had the same problem as Celeste with this problem. I will check the scale in which it was printed; however, I did print several at one time and the others fit.

Perhaps I missed something on this printing.

I too was disappointed since it is so cute. I hope I will be able to rectify the issue.

Danette

7. Valorie says:

I have had the same problem as Celeste and Danette… the neck is way too big and when I tried to modify it, the rest of the dress did not look right. I do know my scale is correct since I have printed dozens of patterns and the rest have always fit well. This was very disappointing and I gave up trying after the third attempt. I have only tried this in knit, but am quite used to sewing with knits. Has the designer revisited this pattern and considered making any pattern corrections?

Valorie

• Cinnamon LJC says:

HI Valorie, Sorry to hear this! We will pass along the information to Ardently Admire and see that we can get these issues resolved.