1930’s Dress Pattern for AG Dolls

Pattern Overview: A vintage inspired 1930’s style dress pattern for your American Girl Doll! This sweet design captures the spirit of yesteryear. Designer Donna Seabury has provided us with this fun new doll clothes dress pattern for 18 inch American Girl dolls. This beautifully designed doll clothes pattern has instructions to make both of the bodice styles pictured above.

- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

What You Get For Just $3.99…

Pictures - Beautiful example pictures of the 1930’s dress.
Step-by-Step Instructions -These easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl Doll’s new dress.

The Pattern - This is a fun and easy pattern, with several variations.

- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -
A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: Want to become a partner? This pattern is intended for your personal use and enjoyment with your American Girl Doll, and not for commercial purposes. However, if you’d like permission to use our patterns for work-from-home sewing and selling, send us a request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com. We would be thrilled to partner with you. Copyright 2011, All Rights Reserved.
- – – – –
A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. Copyright 2010, all rights reserved.

9 Responses to “1930’s Dress Pattern for AG Dolls”

1. […] Here’s a cute 1930s Vintage Inspired Dress Pattern now available for purchase at Liberty Jane Patterns!  […]

2. Sue Whitney says:

This was my last purchase from Liberty Jane. I loved the collar on this dress and that was the main reason I bought it. However, the sleeves were so tight I had to redo them and ultimately alter the sleeve pattern. It was also way too tight around the waist. I have four AG dolls and some of the older ones are a little more chubby so this pattern doesn’t fit that well

3. crystal ogle says:

Please help! I ordered 2 patterns, The midnight gala dress and the 1930’s dress pattern. I clicked on the free Shiney Happy dress and printed it and went back to download the 1030’s pattern & it was gone. What did I do wrong and can you reload it for me to print.
    I also noticed that when the midnight gala dress printed, the sleeve instructions looked like they were for the 1930’s dress. I need help don’t I? Thanks Crystal

• Cinnamon says:

HI crystal, You should see an email from Liberty Jane with your download links. It would have been sent to the email used with your payment.

Team LJC

4. Gabrielle Mauerman says:

I see above that another person bought this pattern with the same results for the sleeve. Shame on me for not making a muslin of the dress before cutting out several dresses to sew. I am wondering if there is an update to the pattern with corrected sleeve sizing? I will change the sleeve pattern myself for future projects. Sadly that won’t be done for those already cut as I was working with a minimal amount of heirloom 30’s fabric.
    I did not, however, have the same problem with the waist. The dress, now sleeveless, fits nicely on my daughters older PC doll as well as the new AG doll. I can’t speak for the other generations of the AG dolls.

5. Kathy E says:

I love this dress but I’m concerned about purchasing the pattern since 2 people have commented on the sleeve problem. I am not experienced enough to change a pattern. Does anyone know if the pattern has been updated?

6. Dawn N says:

I would really love to buy this pattern, but I am not a very trained seamstress. Do you have any advice on how to handle the sleeve issue?

7. Aleesha says:

I downloaded this pattern about a month ago and just started stitching it today- the sleeve pattern is REALLY tight. Its almost like it was made without a seam allowance. It says it is sized for a 1/4 inch seam but even the skirt needs a little extra. You don’t need extra fancy sewing skills to modify this pattern- just pretend there is no seam allowance and cut it out with an extra 1/4 inch or so all the way around. And yes, I did print it out at “actual size” and not “shrink to fit”

8. Janet Inlow says:

I, too, had the same problem with the sleeve pattern – should have read the comments before I ever bought this pattern. I won’t be buying any more patterns from Liberty Jane – this is the second time a pattern hasn’t fit my doll.

9. Bonnie says:

I too had the same problem with the sleeves. And I had also cut out more than one dress with this pattern. The other problem is with the waist…it is very tight. When you sew the velcro on, you have to take more than 1/4″ seam from the hem up to the velcro or it doesn’t match. I wish I could find velcro more narrow than 5/8 inch wide. I have purchased several patterns and now am wondering if they are going to be too tight in the sleeves and waist as well. When you only have 1/4″ seam allowance, there isn’t much room to make adjustments.