Girls Pattern – Harajuku Station Skirt

Pattern Overview: A Girls skirt pattern, with sizes ranging from 2T – 12, based off of the popular Harajuku Station Skirt from the Spring 2010 LJC International Collection. Liberty Jane has collaborated with Feathers a Flight of Fancy and Contemporary Captures to bring you this simple, yet stylish girls sewing pattern! The skirt can be made from a variety of fabrics including: denim, cotton, taffeta, satin, and corduroy. For the little girls that love to match their American Girl Dolls, be sure to check out our AG sized Harajuku Skirt pattern.

Buy The Pattern Now: $5.99

Pattern Guidebook Details: This is a beautifully illustrated Girls sewing pattern guidebook that you digitally download as a pdf file so you can start sewing your new girls size 2T- size 12 skirt immediately. The Doll Clothes pattern also available so you can make a matching skirt for your American Girl Doll. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf and you’re ready to start. The Guidebook provides the pattern dimensions and step-by-step instructions for creating the Harajuku Station Skirt for your little girl, daughter, or granddaughter. For this pattern all of the pieces are written as rectangular dimensions, there is not any enlarging of pattern pieces necessary. *Before printing your new guidebook, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

– – – – – – –

You Can Do It!

At the American Girl Doll Store you’d pay around $90 for a new girl and doll matching outfit for your doll. But you can make these skirts for less than the cost of a Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha. Making this outfit yourself is an extreme value! Go for it.

– – – – – – – – –

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: Want to become a partner? This pattern is intended for your personal use and enjoyment with your American Girl Doll, and not for commercial purposes. However, if you’d like permission to use our patterns for work-from-home sewing and selling, send us a request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com. We would be thrilled to partner with you. © 2011, All Rights Reserved.

A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. Copyright 2011, all rights reserved.

20 responses to “Girls Pattern – Harajuku Station Skirt”

1. Kenna says:

What color would I use? More like what color would I not use!! I have a very girly girl 8yo who LOVES her skirts – can totally see her having several of these in bright, bold colors…. not to mention she could probably sew one herself, which would absolutely thrill her to death!!

2. Mindy A. says:

This is so cute and I love that it would look great on my 4yo and 8yo. I really love it in the denim, but it would look great in any combo!

3. Christine P. says:

I’m thinking a nice fall plaid in brown or gold with a little girlie under-ruffle out of something shiny bronze for back-to-school. One for her, one for her AG. My daughter will be the envy of all her gradeschool girlfriends 🙂

4. gwen says:

Just love this pattern. Actually love them all. And love the large range of sizes. I have 3 girls who I could make matching ones for them and their dolls. Color combo? Anything would work with that cutie!

5. Ladybrinx says:

This is ADORABLE! I know my daughter would love it. I’m thinking plaid also, but a plaid with brown and pink, or brown and light blue would be awesome, w/ some cool accents to go w/ it, some ribbon, or lace, a small bow maybe. I can think of a bunch of color combos an trims.

6. Karen says:

Definitely ice-blue for my blonde, blue-eyed girl, with silver metallic trim and white/silver/ice blue leggings and top. I think I have just the fabric!

7. Karen H says:

I’d like to see this in some retro 80’s paterns and colors. Some fun prints with neon colors.

8. Cara says:

Love this pattern! Have a niece that would look so cute in this… I would make it in black and white check with a bright pink tulle underneath… that’s just for starters!

9. winnie burton says:

My 4 year old granddaughter is graduating from her Bitty Baby to a Real American Girl doll. I would love to win this pattern and my granddaughter would love the gift of a matching outfit for her and her doll. All she talks to me about on the telephone is what I will sew for her. I love to do it and it saves me so much money. I would never be able to afford all the clothes from the actual store.

10. Mama Lusco says:

My girls would love this in black, sparkle denim!

11. Berry says:

I see it in white and apple green, of course with apple green tulle underneath. And of course I’ll lengthen it a bit – I don’t like my girls’ knees showing, even in leggings. 🙂

12. Annette says:

I just showed this to my 6yr old and her jaw hit the floor!! She wants me to make this RIGHT NOW, LOL, with pink and purple, and the dark denim. Then she wants me to do a matching set for her “bestie” in pink and light blue! She LOVES to wear skirts and this is so perfect for her. She will be starting 1st grade in just a few weeks! She is a very active girl, so the leggings with this make it even more PERFECT!! Thanks LJ for another GREAT DESIGN!!

13. Kris says:

It will have to be purple – DD’s latest obsession! Maybe polka dots?

14. Kelly Hunt says:

I love this shirt so cute! I’d love to make several of these in some Adorable Halloween fabrics and embellishments and some charming fall prints. There is so many possiblities with this pattern for all kinds of fun holiday outfits!

15. Lora says:

Hmmmm, might need this in a bigger size to accomodate all the nieces who will want this. To start off with, I have this black fabric with pink, purple, yellow, green, and orange fruit and flowers on it, then a pink pin dot to set it off. The next will have to be in greens, after that, the list just gets longer!! This is adorable!!

16. danielle says:

I would love to make this skirt in a fun, big polka dot fabric! Super cute pattern!!

17. Beth G. says:

The leggings with it are adorable! An animal print would be fun in citrus colors with black leggings.

18. […] Girl Dolls, Pullip Doll, Karito Kids Dolls, even her AG mini dolls. With the release of our first girl sized pattern she’s now wanting to make some clothes for herself. We saw this fun idea in the book Sewing […]

19. […] her back to school outfit for weeks now. She had her heart set on wearing a skirt made from the Girls Harajuku Skirt Patern. She picked out this super cute acid washed stretch denim and together we made this skirt, […]

20. andy says:

what a test

21. melynda says:

hi, I understand the skirt top piece will make the waist, but since my daughter is a slim 7, but on the tall side I am uncertain since i am new sewist and don’t want to cut and regret; How do I determine the waist measurements will be for each size in this pattern? I want to make it myself, and for a friend’s girl as a gift.