Dress Form for AG Doll Clothes

Doll Dress Form Pattern: $3.99

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – Sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.

- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: Want to become a partner? This pattern is intended for your personal use and enjoyment with your American Girl Doll, and not for commercial purposes. However, if you’d like permission to use our patterns for work-from-home sewing and selling, send us a request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com. We would be thrilled to partner with you. © 2008-2011 Liberty Jane Clothing, All Rights Reserved.

- – – – –

A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. © 2008-2011 Liberty Jane Clothing, all rights reserved.

26 Responses to “Dress Form for AG Doll Clothes”

1. Nanci says:

Cinnamon,

This is a fabulous pattern! I have been thinking about making a form for my doll for so long! Thanks for making it a done deal now!

Nanci
    Maiden Flight Clothing

2. Debbie says:

I won this on day 7 of the Christmas giveaway…I can hardly wait for it’s arrival!

Thanks Cinnamon!

3. Edena Ava Couture says:

Nice job Cinnamon!!!!

4. Reece says:

I need this pattern!

5. Reece says:

What is the stand?

6. E. Ziegler says:

I bought this pattern and immediately used it. However, I’m very disappointed with the end product. When I stuffed the form to make it sturdy, it was too big for the doll clothes. When I took out stuffing so that the clothes would fit, the form became too floppy and would not sit straight. I used polyester fiberfill, as one uses for stuffing pillows. Does anyone have any suggestions for making this so that it is sturdy, and sits upright, with some “body” so that the doll clothes can be displayed on it? Thanks!

• Cinnamon says:

Hi, Sorry to hear this! My sugesstion would be to be sure that the seam allowances are correct and that the pattern is printed/cut at the right scale. I’ve made several and I’ve seen some made by others that stand on their own and display the clothes fine. Hope this helps :)

• Pam says:

To the lady that the form was to large. If you did not have high thread count of your fabric it would have allowed it to stretch while stuffing it.

• The_L says:

She may also have tried using knit, which is a bad idea because knit is pretty much MADE to stretch.

Oh well. Fun, cheap project for fat quarters!

7. Zari says:

Is there a specific type of stuffing/batting that you recommend using most?

8. Megan says:

looks kinda weird…..

9. Connie says:

I would love to see this pattern made in a really fancy silk fabric and then used to display the doll clothes that are made up on it. It would be a lovely addition to anyones doll collection.

10. Sharon thomas says:

I’d like to see this in a check print. It would certainly help with lining up the pieces.

11. sera says:

i wish you had a video on that, i really want that pattern but i dont like putting my credit card on the internet!

• judierob says:

Hi Sera, I used to feel like you but I use Pay Pal and it is great. I never worry anymore. Had no problems at all and Liberty Jayne use it too. I get all mine that way.
      judie

12. jeanne knudsen says:

I bought a pattern from Eden Ava, the 1930’s Ruffled Play dress. I was filing the pattern and discovered I had already purchases this dress. Is there a way you can track it and you will see that I have purchased it twice. I would like another pattern in place of the one I bought twice if possible.
    thanks
    jeanne

13. Mary says:

Is there a plaece I can purchase a ready made dress form? I am just not ceative enough to build one myself. Thanks

14. Mary says:

Is there a place I can purchase the 18″ doll dress form already made up. Thank-you

15. I also would like to purchase a dress form. I know from making stuffed toys for kids that the stuffing does not always fill it. If I could make the form I would try buy I hesitate also to put credit card. I am making three oulfits at a time . I would make things easier for me.

16. Karen says:

What height candlestick do you use to get the best “length” to replicate the doll’s measurements?

• Diana says:

I am wondering the same thing. Hopefully someone will answer. I don’t have an American girl doll but would like to have a dress form for fitting the doll clothes that I make to sell.

• Team LJC says:

HI Diana and Karen, the height of the candelstick or base would need to be 7.5 inches to have the shoulder of the form at the same height as the shoulder of the doll. This may be hard to find, but you could try to stack thin layers of wood under the base to get the exact right height. Hope this helps!

17. […] you know how to sew or can get crafty, Liberty Jane Patterns has a simple Dress Form pattern you can purchase for $3.99 and then use scrap fabric you already have. No fabric scraps – take a look in your own closet […]

18. sara says:

so this can be used when making the clothes for american girl doll? I am wanting to make an Elsa dress and will have to piece together from various patterns. If i make this form right, I can use like a person dress form?

19. […] you want to make your own dress form for your dolls, you will need the Liberty Jane Dress Form pattern. Liberty Jane has tons of cute American Girl Doll patterns, if you want to make something else. The […]