Cable Shrug Knitting Pattern

Cable Shrug Knitting Pattern

Liberty Jane Clothing an the designers featured on this site are not affiliated with American Girl®.

14 Responses to “Cable Shrug Knitting Pattern”

1. Eden Ava Couture says:

Liese, this is gorgeous! I wish I knew how to knit!!!

2. Carol says:

Simply beautiful! Someday I hope to be able to knit something as lovely as this!

3. Carolknits says:

This is lovely. In the description of the pattern, I wish you would say what weight yarn you would need. I think that would be helpful!

• Cinnamon says:

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll ask Liese, the designer and add it to the post :)

• Cinnamon says:

Under Pattern Details it says this “1 ball 4 ply family knit (Sport weight Yarn).” I don’t knit so I’m not sure if there’s something more specific you’re looking for.

Cinnamon

4. Janette Anderson says:

just santed to let you know I received the two free patternsfor the drawstring dress and the tee shirt, they are both adorable, hope to make them soon. I have three great-granddaughters who have AG dolls, so I’m going to be busy…. I wanted to buy a pattern, but dont have a paypal or google account, how do I go about it? I have a checking account at our bank, but No credit card.

5. Thanks for the feedback. I’ll ask Liese, the designer and add it to the post :)

6. I loved the look of this pattern but was unable to adquately understand the instructions. My sister-in-law who is an experienced knitter could not understand it either. would have been helpful to have pictures of the garment in all the different stages. thanks.

7. […] time, so I finished it while I was in England and on a Eurostar train to Paris. I used a pattern by Liese Brouwer of Doll Tag Clothing. Unfortunately, I didn’t realise until I bought the pattern that it would use 3.25mm (US #3) […]

8. Marianne says:

I found this pattern I little hard to understand, or ather workout. For example, continuing the cables around the yoke was tricky. Could have been written better.

9. Pauline says:

I consider myself an experienced knitter but found these instructions difficult to follow. More pictures or more detailed instructions would be really helpful.

10. pauline says:

New, updated version of the pattern is super!! Very easy to follow and so cute when done!

11. Liese Brouwer says:

There is a new updated version of the pattern available with simplified instructions and more photos!

If you already purchased it you can redownload it from your original purchase link.

12. Nancy says:

I am a fairly experienced knitter, and purchased this pattern in its revised form. However, I feel that something is still missing. On page six, the instructions say to knit the cable pattern as at the start of the work (rows 2 thru 20). However the instructions do not say to knit 4 rows of rib knit as at the start of the pattern (preceding the 20 rows of cable)and then to bind of in rib.

I think intuitively that is what needs to be done. The next section is “completing the garmet” where it explains to pick up and knit rows of rib for the neckline and hemline, but nowhere can I find the instructions that say how to finish the ribbed left-side of the front. Unless I have just overlooked it, this is disappointing quality for a “revised” pattern.

13. Carol Deloney says:

Nancy,
    I too am a fairly experienced knitter and purchased the revised pattern. There is definitely something missing. I took the pattern to work to have a co-worker read to make sure I wasn’t overlooking something. I’ve also emailed Liese and Cinnamon with no response.

I’m not sure what was “revised”, but it doesn’t appear to be proofed or tested before it was published. Very disappointed.