Denim Jacket Doll Clothes pattern

Denim Jacket Doll Clothes Pattern

Pattern Overview: Your American Girl® Doll will stand out in the crowd wearing a jacket made from the Liberty Jane Denim Jacket Doll Clothes Pattern! Featured in the 2012 Spring Line International Collection, this has become a true classic! Tiny authentic detail is the key to a realistic looking scaled down jacket and this one has captured those details perfectly!  Don‘t forget, when you buy this cute pattern, you get the Shiny Happy Dress instructions as our free gift! Pattern PDF Format:This is a beautifully illustrated doll clothes pattern that you digitally download as a pdf file so you can start sewing your new 18 inch doll jacket immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf and you’re ready to start. *Before printing, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.
Supplies Needed - 1/3 yard thin denim fabric for jacket – This project is perfect for uccycling those jeans! 12  1/4″ buttons, 2 snaps, and contrasting thread. Step-by-Step Instructions -These full color easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl ® dolls new motorcycle jacket! The Pattern – This pattern is designed to be made two ways. There is the more advanced flat -fell seam technique or a more simple faux style seam technique. The 13  full size pattern pieces are included. No enlarging or resizing necessary. 33 page PDF file with an optional 4 page text only summary of instructions to save on ink!

You Can Do It!

At the American Girl® Doll Store you’d pay around $35 for a new outfit for your doll. But you can make these clothes for less than the cost of a Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha. Making this outfit yourself is an extreme value! Go for it.

Are the instructions simple even if I’m not a good seamstress? Yes!   Can I start immediately if I have a sewing machine and material?Yes! Will the finished product come out like the pictures if I follow the directions?Yes! Will you give me a refund if I’m not happy with the pattern? Yes! Will making this help me become a better seamstress if I’m just starting out? Yes! I’ve seen Simplicity patterns and they seem really hard, is this easier than those? Yes!
We are a mission minded little company! The more we grow, the more we’ll do. We are praying for more sales, so we can make a bigger difference around the world. We don’t support programs unless we’ve personally been there. We can ‘vouch’ for the quality and effectiveness of each of these programs because we’ve been there, we’ve seen it. Our ministry partners are changing lives and literally saving children from starvation and misery. We’d encourage you to support each of these programs on your own, or just buy a lot from us, and we’ll take care of the charitable giving. Each month we give a portion of our after tax profits to several key partners. You can read more about how we give back here.
Payment Details: We process payments using either Paypal or Google Wallet. Paypal is a secure site used by most online retailers. You do not need an account with them to use this service. They can process any major credit card. Simply click the yellow “Checkout with Paypal” button. Then click “Don’t Have A Paypal Account” then the transaction screen will load. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in after clicking “Checkout with Paypal” Once payments are processed you will be directed to your download page. The download links will also be emailed to the address used in the transaction.

- – - – - – -

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – Sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -

- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - -

A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: Want to become a partner? This pattern is intended for your personal use and enjoyment with your American Girl Doll, and not for large scale commercial purposes. However, if you’d like permission to use our patterns for work-from-home sewing and selling, send us a request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com. We would be thrilled to partner with you. © 2008-2012 Liberty Jane Clothing, All Rights Reserved.

- – - – - – - – - – - – -

A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. © 2008-2012 Liberty Jane Clothing, all rights reserved.

36 Responses to “Denim Jacket Doll Clothes pattern”

1. Ellie says:

This is beyond adorable. Cinnamon, you’ve done it again, this is a masterpiece of doll clothing, I can’t wait to get it :)

2. cathy warner says:

I love this! So glad you’ve got the pattern coming. Now I don’t have to design it myself! Great jacket Cinnamon!

3. marcy says:

You are on a roll Cinnamon!!! Keep ‘em coming. Looks FABULOUS!!!!!!!

4. Christine J Smith says:

I just finished my own pattern but I can’t wait to buy yours to check out your perfection!

5. Pauline Turner says:

You are the best I love your patterns. The motorcycle jacket is addorable I can’t wait to make it. I think its going to be hard. I can’t wait for the little blue jean jacket as well. Thanks for all of your patterns.

Where do I find the folded elastic for the tank tops I know you showed us the website once but can’t find it . Help!!

6. Cathy says:

Which jacket is easier to make – the denim jacket or the motorcycle jacket? Both are really cute but I want to try one first.

7. Giselle says:

YES!!! I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG! I check the website everyday to see if this is up and I’m so excite to finally be able to get it!!! Thank you Cinnamon! I will definetely share pictures on facebook when I make this…I already have a super cute outfit idea :)

8. Laura says:

Thank you Cinnamon!!! This is so amazing!! I can’t wait to start it. American Girl just came out with a white jean jacket but I must say that yours is MUCH better!! Thanks for the continued great work! =)

9. Sam says:

Can’t wait for the next jacket!

10. Karen Wadsworth says:

I just finished the jean jacket, and is it CUTE! Many pieces, but not difficult to put together because of the very well-organized, clear-cut directions.

Huge Kudos to you, Cinnamon! Will post the results soon on Facebook :)

11. Karen says:

yaaaaa sooooooo toooooooootalllllllllllly noooooooottt

• Ellie says:

That’s not very nice, if you don’t like the pattern, don’t buy it, there’s no reason to be rude about it.

12. Ginger says:

OMG! I purchased this pattern and made the denim jacket last night! It turned out sooooo cute! Great pattern! It fits the doll really well! And yes, I hand sewed all of the buttons on! My granddaughter is going to love it! Thanks for a fabulous pattern!

13. Sandra says:

Jacket is cute and was very easy to put together, but when I attempted to sew on the waistband, it was not long enough. Did I do something wrong, or is this a complaint you’ve had from other sewers? Thanks.

• Shea says:

I actually had this same problem, too. It was a good inch short. I wondered if I had done something wrong, since the rest of the pattern went together perfectly.

14. amie says:

I’d love to see this made in turquoise color using corduroy fabric.

15. Brittbritt says:

I would love to see this in lime green denim!!!

16. Becky says:

I’d love to see this made in hot pink denim with floral and heart applique.

17. Jody Kimmel says:

I would like to see this made in a hot pink corduroy with some sequins.

18. Madison says:

I love it!! I have a jacket that looks just like it.

19. liz says:

bought pattern and while sewing some pattern pieces were too small. did i do something wrong while cutting. has anyone else said this

Hi Liz, I’m not sure I understand. Did the completed jacket turn out too small or the pieces didn’t work together? I’m happy to help you get it figured out, it sounds like the print settigns may be off.

20. Linda says:

I just finished the jacket last week and also had a problem with the waistband. It was about three inches too short. I’ll definitely make this jacket again but first make the necessary adjustments.

Hi Linda, Sorry to hear this, but it sounds like either the instructions were not followed correctly of or the pieces were printed out at the wrong size. There really isn’t a way that the wsitband can be 3 inches too short. You can email me directly and I’m happy to help you figure it out :) cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com

21. Shea says:

I replied to another commenter above, but I also had issues with the waistband being too short to match the rest of the jacket. I know it was printed at the correct size. It was a good inch or so short. Everything else about the jacket worked perfectly and I LOVE it, but I did want to give that feedback since it looks like I’m the third person here to report an issue with the waistband length.

• Cinnamon LJC says:

HI Shea, Sorry to hear this, but I can assure you the pattern is sized properly and the measurement is correct. The only issue I can think might be occuring is the the pattern is being cut at the larger outline for the flat fell seams but is not being sewn at the larger seam allowances – possibly? Does your jacket fit like the one in the cover image or is it looser/bigger? You can email me directly, and send me a pic of your jacket and I can help you figure out the issue :)

Cinnamon

22. Jessica says:

I just wanted to thank you guys. I love Liberty Jane more than I have ever loved an outfit from American Girl. You have saved me a TON of money while getting something ever better than AG! I check this website everyday for patterns from your liberty Jane brand. Thanks so much for the quality and everything!
    -Jessica

23. Jazzie says:

Incredibly detailed and a gorgeous result…. I got rave comments on this jacket all over the place, both friends, family, and fellow American Girl lovers. Super easy to follow, and it doesn’t even seem like a medium pattern, other than all the pattern pieces. A PERFECT fit, not too tight and not too loose. Had loads of fun making this adorable jackets, and can’t wait to make more to sell on my Etsy and to make as a gift for years to come.

• Jazzie says:

I also made this in just half an hour compared to my other projects, and the pieces went together perfectly. Even easier than making a doll t-shirt, actually! :D

24. cindi perron says:

cinnamon, i thought i read sometime earlier this year that you were going to be publishing the pattern for that bomber jacket that was worn over the woomera dress. is that still in the plans? :)