How To Make Shoes Like TOMS for Dolls

• A few weeks ago I saw a link on Pinterest showing how to use Mod Podge and fabric to customize a pair of flats. This got me thinking,”Could I make shoes like TOMS ® using just Mod Podge?” I had to try it! Below is the video showing the entire process. It takes just a few hours because of the drying time, but they turned out so cute! They are super sturdy and will last forever :)
  • You can find Mod Podge at your local craft store, or we have it in the LJ Notions and Supplies store online.
  • There is also a tutorial video showing how to do just plain fabric coverd flats. You can see it HERE.
Need Shopping bags for your Shoes? You can find some FREE LJC bags HERE.

11 Responses to “How To Make Shoes Like TOMS for Dolls”

1. Maddie says:

Cinnamon— do we have to use Mod Podge?

2. Trish says:

That is the best use of those inexpensive little flats I’ve ever seen. My daughter and I can’t wait to customize some flats and toms – style! thanks so much as always!!!

3. Maddie says:

I found homemade mod podge to make, what kind of fabric do you use? Is it thin or normal?

Just regular cotton, like a fat quarter for quilting, but it will work with pretty much any kind :)

4. horseygal says:

Yay!! They’re DONE!! They’re so cute. Since AG flats are too expensive to mess up, I bought Springfield Dolls flats for $4.99.

5. lily says:

OH.MY.GOD. You’ve done it once again cinnamon. You have made another cute craft. I have fallennin love with your youtube account and website. Happy crafting!
    Lily

6. CaryAnn H says:

Not only will I be making clothes for my granddaughter’s AG but matching shoes. Thanks for the help.

7. Emma says:

I am making some right now!!! Except I am using double sided scotch tape do that I don’t wreck my ag shoes :)

8. madison says:

so cute! how do you make those videos?

9. My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .net from
    PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of
    the costs. But he’s tryiong none the less. I’ve been using Movable-type on a variety of websites
    for about a year and am concerned about switching to another platform.
    I have heard good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my wordpress posts into it?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!