Motorcycle Jacket Doll Clothes Pattern

Motorcycle Jacket Doll Clothes Pattern

Pattern Overview: Your American Girl® Doll will make a powerful statement of style wearing a jacket made from the Liberty Jane Motorcycle Jacket Doll Clothes Pattern! Featured in the 2012 Spring Line International Collection, this has become a true classic! This complex design is rich with detail but easy to sew because of the clearly illustrated step by step instructions. The key to success is to read through the full set of 66 steps, 21 pages of step by step instructions with color pictures, and understand how it all goes together before assembling the 20 plus pattern pieces!  Don‘t forget, when you buy this cute pattern, you get the Shiny Happy Dress instructions as our free gift! This is a beautifully illustrated doll clothes pattern that you digitally download as a pdf file so you can start sewing your new 18 inch doll jacket immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf and you’re ready to start. The PDF sewing pattern provides the full size pattern pieces and step-by-step instructions. *Before printing, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.
Supplies Needed – 1/3 yard microsuede fabric for jacket. 1/3 yard of lining fabric. 5 inch separating zipper. (you can find them at Zipperthatdoll.com) One 3/8″-1/2″ buckle. Four 1/8″ -3/16″ eyelets.

Step-by-Step Instructions -These full color easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl ® dolls new motorcycle jacket!

The Pattern – The pattern pieces are included. No enlarging or resizing necessary.

You Can Do It!

At the American Girl® Doll Store you’d pay around $35 for a new outfit for your doll. But you can make these clothes for less than the cost of a Starbucks Grande White Chocolate Mocha. Making this outfit yourself is an extreme value! Go for it.

Are the instructions simple even if I’m not a good seamstress? Yes!

Can I start immediately if I have a sewing machine and material?Yes!

Will the finished product come out like the pictures if I follow the directions?Yes!

Will you give me a refund if I’m not happy with the pattern? Yes!

Will making this help me become a better seamstress if I’m just starting out? Yes!

I’ve seen Simplicity patterns and they seem really hard, is this easier than those? Yes!

We are a mission minded little company! The more we grow, the more we’ll do. We are praying for more sales, so we can make a bigger difference around the world. We don’t support programs unless we’ve personally been there. We can ‘vouch’ for the quality and effectiveness of each of these programs because we’ve been there, we’ve seen it. Our ministry partners are changing lives and literally saving children from starvation and misery. We’d encourage you to support each of these programs on your own, or just buy a lot from us, and we’ll take care of the charitable giving. Each month we give a portion of our after tax profits to several key partners. You can read more about how we give back here.
Payment Details: We process payments using either Paypal or Google Checkout.

Paypal is a secure site used by most online retailers. You do not need an account with them to use this service. They can process any major credit card. Simply click the yellow “Checkout with Paypal” button. Then click “Don’t Have A Paypal Account” then the transaction screen will load. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in after clicking “Checkout with Paypal”

Once payments are processed you will be directed to your download page. The download links will also be emailed to the address used in the transaction.

- – – – – – -

Your daughter wants new doll clothes, why not use that excitement to teach her a valuable skill – Sewing. It’s a skill she’ll use her entire life. The bonding and special one-on-one teaching time with your daughter will be invaluable. This is the perfect project to make it a reality. She’ll be excited to learn, and thank you for showing her something new.

- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

A Note To Aspiring Doll Clothes Makers: Want to become a partner? This pattern is intended for your personal use and enjoyment with your American Girl Doll, and not for large scale commercial purposes. However, if you’d like permission to use our patterns for work-from-home sewing and selling, send us a request stating, “I’d like to become a partner”. Send it to cinnamon@libertyjaneclothing.com. We would be thrilled to partner with you. © 2008-2012 Liberty Jane Clothing, All Rights Reserved.

- – – – – – – – – – – – –

A Note About File Sharing: Just like you buy a song from itunes for your personal use, you are buying 1 copy of this guidebook for your personal use. You do not have our permission to share it, resell it, or give it to someone else in any form. Selling this pdf file, or it’s contents, or giving it to someone else, is wrong and violates our copyright. © 2008-2012 Liberty Jane Clothing, all rights reserved.

29 Responses to “Motorcycle Jacket Doll Clothes Pattern”

1. Marcy says:

YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A super duper intermediate to advanced pattern Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Marcy says:

And you thought I am a meanie…… Just goes to show you. Produce good stuff and praise is coming……

3. Laura Kemner says:

I have yet to see you NOT produce good stuff. This, though, is exceptional. Thank you so much for getting this pattern out to us so quickly!

4. Emma W. says:

Hi Cinnamon! :)

I have been getting your emails about new patterns for a very long time and always look at the new things you have! :) I just wanted to tell you to keep up the great work!

~Emma

5. Pam says:

the little floral shirt that is shown with the motorcycle jacket, is it an existing pattern or one yet to come out? Thanks Cinnamon, love your patterns!!!!!

6. Lynn says:

Bought this pattern. Love it!!! It will become a favorite to sew.

7. Marie Falter says:

Hi there! The pattern looks great! Any chance of getting it sized for the BFC, Ink girls? They just want to have fun too! Marie

• Cinnamon says:

Funny you ask… I was just putting it on our BFC, Ink. doll to see how the pattern should be modified to fit their slim frame :) It should be up in the next week or so.

Cinnamon

8. sue says:

Love this jacket! i was also wondering when you are coming out with the jean jacket featured in founders day? that is my absolute favorite piece of clothing

9. Susan says:

Where can I order the buckle for this? We’re stationed overseas and it either has to come out of my stash of be ordered.

10. Dotty says:

This website was such a find for me. I love all the shoes and have purchased several patterns. I make doll clothes all year long. Thank you for all the tips and wonderful patterns.

11. Giselle says:

I’d love to see this made in a jeans fabric with some rocker embellishments :)

12. Carol W. says:

I’d love to see this made in a linen – with matching dress pants. A ‘spring color’ maybe!

13. Eileen says:

I’d love to see this made in a light brown distressed leather fabric. With a matching set of chaps! :)

14. Bee says:

I would love to see this made in black lace!

15. Sharon thomas says:

I’d like to see this in red leather.

16. Hanna says:

Hey, Cinnamon. I love your patterns. They are so fun. (:
    I love all of the things you produce. They are all adorable. I especially love this jacket. And the floral tank underneath. Could you make a pattern for it? It’s just too cute.

Thanks!

-Hanna

17. joylo50 says:

Hi Cinnamon,

#1 Did you actually use leather for this pattern? I have soft leathers and suedes to upcycle for doll clothing. Not only the motor cycle jacket but others I want to make. The fabrics are from my stash.

#2. Could you recommend what boot patterns would be suitable for sueds and leather?

LOVE YOUR PATTERNS!
    Thanks

18. Valorie says:

Hi Cinnamon,
    I have just completed this jacket in brown faux leather and it turned out to be even more fantastic than I had imagined. The pattern is terrific with all the detail, excellent instructions and helpful pictures. It is not an easy pattern, but it is so well designed that it goes together perfectly.

Thank you for creating this pattern!

Valorie

Hi Valorie, thanks so much for the great feedback! I agree this pattern looks complicated, but does go togehter really easily :) This was one of the first patterns released for Liberty Jane after Karin Pascho joined our team. Her design skill is outstanding, it’s eaciting to see the patterns we produce get better and better!
      Cinnamon

19. Jessica says:

Will there be a pattern for the top and the boots? I really want the boots because I have the exact same ones in black. Please respond. Thanks!

20. Dell says:

Hi Cinnamon,

Can you please tell me where I can purchase the belt buckle.

21. Aliera says:

OMG!
    BFC need this pattern!
    Really!
    I read some post above it was on plan. Any news about it?
    I’d love to make it in BFC size!

22. Aliera says:

Sorry for the spam, but I’d love it for Karito Kids too!
    Hope i’m not asking too much ^_^