The Little Boutique Skirt for Dolls

Little Boutique Skirt Pattern

9 Responses to “The Little Boutique Skirt for Dolls”

1. Peggy Harri says:

I am an experienced sewer (over 50 years) and am having difficulty with the directions of this pattern regarding placement of the ruffles. The directions nor the pictures are not clear to me.

2. Kathy says:

I’m having trouble with the directions too and I am trying to figure out exactly how many pieces of each tier to cut. There is no “middle” tier pattern, unless the yoke also serves as the middle piece. There is a yoke, upper and lower skirt. can’t figure out the middle skirt. and each piece is cut on the fold. the yoke pattern says to cut two on the fold. the upper and lower skirt say to cut one on the fold. but when i gather it, and i mean very loosely gather to where there is hardly a ruffle, it just about doesn’t go around the doll, leading me to believe i might need to cut 2 on the fold to create a side seam? still working on it. If anyone has completed this project, maybe you can provide some insight. Thanks.

3. Kathy says:

*%#@embarrassed*&%$#…I figured it out. the upper and lower skirts are what you attach the ruffles to. and the ruffle dimensions are in the box on the pattern page. should be okay now. thanks!

4. Kathy says:

OK. I thought I a handle on this skirt. But like you Peggy, I too am confused as to how to put it together. Its just not happening yet. but I’ll keep working on it.

5. Kathy says:

well i finally figured it out. step #5 was confusing for me but i got it together now. so cute. thanks!

6. Hi everyone! This is Amy from ArtisticAmy patterns. I wanted everyone to know that The Little Boutique Skirt pattern has been updated and it now includes diagrams and more thorough explanations on ruffle placement. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Happy sewing!

7. Kathy says:

I would like to know how to get the updated instructions, even though I have figured it out, its up to chance whether or not i’ll remember if i put the pattern away for a while!

8. You can contact me at amy@artisticamypatterns.com and I will send you the updated pattern.

• Carol Lomicky says:

I too am confused especially how to put the two pieces with ruffles together. Please send me the updated pattern. Thanks