Lace Up Boot Pattern For Dolls

Lace Up Boot Shoe Pattern For 18 Inch Dolls

Liberty Jane and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®

26 Responses to “Lace Up Boot Pattern For Dolls”

1. Samantha says:

this is so adorable. I want to do this but my doll isn’t getting lace up boots before I do! LOL

2. Kara says:

I would to see these made in shocking silver viynl!

HI Kara, great suggestion :) Your comment has been selected for the one day giveaway! We’ve just emailed you with more info :)

3. lynn says:

I would love to see these boots in black. They would look like a little pair of Harley Davidson boots.

4. Susan says:

I would love to see these made in black or gold patent. So rock n’ roll!

5. Jody says:

i would love to see these made in a gun metal grey with black stitching. My grandaughter would love these.

6. Rose says:

I was looking for a pattern for doc martens for a month already. Doc Martens were included in the red vinyl meet outfit from American girl. I told my mother that I wanted to make doc martens out of real black leather for my doll. She gave me a huge piece of black leather to use. My father bought four cheap sewing machines from the market (they cost under £20($31.39)) which work really well. Now all I need to do is buy black eyelets and an eyelet tool, polymer clay for the sole, and make more holes than required. Done!

7. Chloe says:

What level is this?

The pattern is intermedaite because of the assembly of the boot, but the sewing skills required are pretty basic.

8. LILY says:

HEY SO CUTE!!!

9. Kathryn says:

Hey, just wondering what the soles are made of.

10. michelle says:

hi, if the soles are made of foam, why is ‘Rose’ looking for polymer clay?
    thanks : )

11. Karen says:

Hi, wondering where you get the foam-it is not available where I live!

12. kristen says:

Foam can be found at a micheal,joanns or hobby lobby.

13. Angela says:

Love the look of these. No money right now with having 5 children and Christmas upon us. Hopeing after Christmas I can order a few patterns. This and the denim jacket are at the top of my list. Think they would make a great addition to the jeans pattern I have from you.

14. Cassidy says:

How do you do the laces and what are they made out of?
    Also, do you have a mittens pattern?
    Great clothing By The Way

• Meg from MicheDesigns says:

Hi Cassidy! The laces can be cut from braiding cord or beading string. Both can be found at JoAnn’s, Michaels, or Hobby Lobby.

15. Perin says:

I love these boots and have made several in different colors of leather (hot pink, lime green, black and Tiffany blue). They are absolutely the easiest. I found that by having two pattern pieces of the top and front of boot, cut one pattern piece at stitch area makes it easier to align and have proper stitch placement.

16. Debbie says:

I have been having problems with this boot since I bought the pattern. How does one keep the fabric from puckering when gluing on the inside sole? I know the strip covers up a lot but there is too much fabric for the sole and I’ve had to alter the pattern and would like to make them the way directed. (I’ve made several different shoe and boot patterns so am proficient at glueing foam and fabric)

17. Kathy says:

Has anyone tried making these and/or other LJ shoes/boots with scraps of real leather? I have an Uncle that does leather work and I was thinking of asking for his scraps.

18. Dell says:

I have been having problems with this boot since I bought the pattern. The pattern is too small. Before I printed the pattern, I made sure it was on none under page scaling. I love the pattern and as someone stated above, want to make the boot in different fabrics and colors. Please someone help me!

19. Debbie says:

I dont have problems with the upper part of the boot being small just the sole the fabric is glued to. There is simply too much for the sole. Even in the boot photos the side foam is somewhat slanted to show there is too much fabric or maybe the bottom sole could be bigger.

20. Dell says:

You are absolutely right the sole is too small.