Summer in Blue 1850′s Dress

“Summer In Blue” 1850′s Dress Doll Clothes Pattern

Pattern Overview:

A Beautiful historical design from Heritage Doll Fashions featuring the style of the 1850′s! The Summer in Blue Dress doll clothes pattern is designed to fit an 18 inch American Girl ® Doll.PDF file format that you instantly download so you can start sewing your new 18 inch doll dress immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf and you’re ready to start.

Supplies Needed:

• 1-1/2  yards of fabric for dress
  • 3/8 yard contrasting fabric
  • Thread and Velcro

Pattern Details:

These full color easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl ® dolls new 1850′s dress. This is an intermedaite level sewing pattern.  The pattern includes printable pieces and rectangular dimensions for pieces too large to fit on a standard piece of paper. The dress bodice is lined, sleeves and neck are finished with binding, and the dress closes in the back with velcro. It is designed to be made from lightweight cotton fabrics. *Before printing, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.

Copyright ©2012 Liberty Jane Clothing, all rights reserved.

6 Responses to “Summer in Blue 1850′s Dress”

1. Virginia says:

What is the measurement for the skirt bindings? I cannot find a pattern or measurements in the instructions. Thank you.

2. Kathy Lou says:

Skirt Binding – 1 ¼” x 44” cut 4

found this on page 2 … I’m contemplating tackling this project … looks like quite a job. but would look so pretty finished. how’s it going for you?

3. Kathy Lou says:

made the dress, you can see a picture on Liberty Jane fb. I got a little confused with the skirts and had to do them over as i put the small ruffle on the underskirt when the larger ruffle goes on the underskirt. no problem though. And i only used two of the skirt bindings where as the pattern instructions say to cut four and sew two together (?) got confused there as well but it turned out simply beautiful and i can’t wait to make another one!!! The one I made is of a pink fabric. GOTTA SEE IT!

4. marie says:

Hi, do you think this dress would look right on Kirsten?

5. Jazzie says:

An absolutely gorgeous pattern for my little darlings. Super easy, and looks amazing on any doll. The dress just poofs out very nicely, and even twirls and looks so elegant and modern. Out of all of my many patterns, this is one of my definite favorites. Can’t wait to make more and more, until my dolls are covered in these adorable, fluffy, beautiful gowns. Amazing work, keep it up!

6. Heidi says:

Gorgeous dress! My doll CAROLINE looks awesome in it.