Schoolgirl Dress Doll Clothes Pattern

“Schoolgirl” Dress Doll Clothes Pattern

Pattern Overview:

The Melody Valerie Couture Schoolgirl Dress combines practicality, style, and luxury and will keep your 18 inch doll looking fabulous, whether she’s on time or perpetually late! This is a beautifully illustrated doll clothes pattern, designed to fit American Girl ® Dolls, that you instantly download as a pdf file so you can start sewing your new 18 inch doll outfit immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print out the pdf and you’re ready to start.

Supplies Needed:

• 1/3  yard of woven cotton fabric for dress and 1/3  yard fabric for lining
  • 1/2 yard of 3/8″ wide ribbon or trim for bow
  • matching thread
  • 7-9″ invsible zipper

Pattern Details:

There are 19 pages of full color step by step instruction as well as 3 pages of text only instructions to save on printer ink! These full color easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl ® dolls new schoolgirl  dress. This is an intermedaite level sewing pattern. Skills taught include: hand-hemming, understitching, armscye binding, and installing an invisible zipper. This fully lined dress has princess seamed midriff, yoke, and a dropwaist with gathered skirt. The elbow length sleeves and folded ribbon bow complete the lok. An invisible zipper closes up the back smoothly. It is designed to be made from corduroy, velveteen, lightweight wool, or cotton fabrics. The PDF sewing pattern provides the full size pattern pieces and step-by-step instructions. *Before printing, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.

Copyright ©2012 Liberty Jane Clothing, all rights reserved.

17 Responses to “Schoolgirl Dress Doll Clothes Pattern”

1. Mary Ann says:

I love this outfit. It is so cute. Great addition to Liberty Jane patterns.

2. carol says:

Love this pattern, I will be getting this one! Keep up the great work, I am so glad that I have found this site as we have nothing like it in Australia!

3. Jessie says:

Hi, I just bought your dress pattern, love it. Love the idea that your dolls are friends and do things together, what bothers me is you kids have no shoes. Jessie jandvcialini@frontiernet.net

4. Celeste says:

This pattern is fabulous, but I think there’s a typo on the pattern, shouldn’t the center front say cut 1 of fabric and 1 of lining? It says to cut 2.
    Love the dress, it’s absolutely gorgeous!

5. Linda DuBos says:

This is a refreshing new pattern. The styling is entirely different from other patterns I’ve seen on this stie and others. Will definitely purchase it. Great Job!

6. Carol Abbott says:

This is a really cute pattern but priced too high for just one dress. I’ve bought a lot of your patterns because they are reasonably priced but this one is a little too pricey.

7. Sam says:

The lessons included in this pattern are not necessary to construct the dress. Like the zipper part though. Agree price is too high for this pattern.

8. Christine says:

Love Melody Valerie dresses and clothing…looking forward to more patterns from her line! So excited about this partnership!

9. Hi, thinking of buying this pattern but wanted to know whether the customer question from nov 7 about cutting pattern pieces was addressed first. I’m a beginner sewer and need very clear instructions.

Thanks.

The center front piece should say cut 1 of Fabric and cut 1 of lining, sorry about that! We’re fixing the typo…

10. Lorraine says:

Thank God no velcro.
    Nice to see zippers in doll clothes again. Now if we can bring buttons back to shirts,this too would be nice.

11. Sharon Taylor says:

Hi
    I agree. The price for this pattern is too much considering the price of all the other patterns I have purchased from LJ. I almost bought it twice but I could not justify the price and changed my mind.

Love the dress, though. It is adorable as can be.

12. Sharon says:

The farway dress was much more complicated than what this dress looks like. I made several faraway dresses.

The price for this pattern is too high.

13. Deb says:

I love to sew doll clothes, but this is too pricey for just one pattern. :( Love the different styles that you offer.