Woomera Dress Pattern For Dolls

Woomera Dress Doll Clothes Pattern

Woomera Dress Doll Clothes Pattern

Pattern Overview:

We’re so excited to share this new dress design feartured in the Liberty Jane Fall 2012 Outback Libby: Woomera outfit as a pdf sewing pattern! Your doll will look perfect touring in the Outback in this delicately feminine dress with the trendy high-low hemline. Details include tiny sleeve ruffles, working buttons and loops on the front closure, elastic waist and gentle shirring at the yoke. This is a beautifully illustrated doll clothes pattern, designed to fit American Girl ® Dolls, that you instantly download as a pdf file so you can start sewing your new 18 inch doll clothes immediately. The Adobe pdf viewer is required. You simply print it out and you’re ready to start.

Supplies Needed (for Dress):

• 1/2 yard of lightweight sheer or rayon blend fabric
  • 12″ piece of 1/4″ wide elastic
  • 3 – 1/4″ buttons
  • 4 – size 3 snaps
  • matching thread

Supplies Needed (for Slip):

• 1/4 yard of lightweight knit fabric
  • 3/4 yard of 3/8″ wide flat elastic with picot edge or 1/2″ FOE (fold over elastic)
  • matching thread

Pattern Details:

There are 17 pages of full color step by step instruction for the dress (5 for the slip) as well as 4 pages of text only summary of  instructions to save on printer ink! These full color easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your American Girl ® dolls new dress. This is an intermediate level pattern because of the amount of pieces, delicate fabric choice, and the gathering involved.

We suggest using a lightweight sheer fabric in a rayon or rayon blend to give it a nice drape.

As a bonus we’ve included a cute slip pattern to wear under the sheer dress. Elastic straps and neckline make this an easy slip to pull on and off without any velcro! Most lightweight knit fabrics will work for this slip. Instructions are given for flat elastic with a tiny picot edge and fold-over elastic (sometimes referred to as FOE) that can be found at some fabric stores or ordered online from Etsy.

The PDF sewing pattern provides the full size pattern pieces and step-by-step instructions. *Before printing, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.

Woomera Doll Clothes Pattern Liberty Jane

Woomera dress pattern sample pages
Liberty Jane and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®

23 Responses to “Woomera Dress Pattern For Dolls”

1. Sam says:

Yippeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now for the jacket to go with this!!!

2. Lena Grace says:

Oh, I’m so glad that you’ve made this into a pattern! I hope that more of the outfits from the fall collection get turned into patterns as well.

3. Holly says:

Hi, I ordered about four patterns from you and another designer on this site several days ago. The site processed my credit card information, but unfortuneately I’ve never gotten an email from y’all with the patterns. Did it go through? Please email me, I’m more than happy to provide additional details so that you can track down the order. Thanks

4. kristen says:

Holly, when you order and pay you are brought to an instant download page. Thats what has happened each and every time I order. I also get it in my email I added when ordering. Maybe check your spam/junk. I am sure if I am wrong Cinnamon will correct me ;)

• Holly says:

I didn’t even reach the instant download page. It gave me an order summary and total after the credit card went through, then there was no way to go forward or reach the download page. It was odd because I’ve ordered from here before and that’s never happened.

5. […] get the job done.  Lenore and I will sew some jeans and T-shirts today, and then I am on to this dress here. This is one of the cutest dresses patterns I have seen in some time. As always, thanks for […]

6. kelly says:

oooooh, i’m definately going to order this! so cute and i think it will make a sweet top when shortened. love Liberty Jane!

7. Jean says:

Bought this pattern too! Love it, love the little slip too! Nice accessory! sure wish I could find this fabric though, adorable! Keep up the great work! Love your patterns so trendy!

• sera says:

hi Jean, you should try fabricland they have almost every type of fabric that you would need
      (i know that it’s in Canada but if you’re in the states i’m not so sure)

8. Lena Grace says:

Hi Cinnamon,
    I really like how you’ve put your logo for the pattern behind the model’s head instead of in front. How do you do that? I’d really like to try it for myself.

9. AnaAGWorld says:

Can you make a tutorial for this on youtube? because I really want to make this dress but Im afraid I wont understand the instructions.

10. sera says:

hi Cinnamon, i was wondering what the boots shown in the photo were

11. Carly says:

Looks like the jacket is from a commercial pattern. How about it Cinnamon? Please state your resources for other outfit elements so us fans can create a similar look or use it to take off in other directions. You have established your clothes line for over 22,000 fans so loosen up with some info.
    Thanks

• Team LJC says:

Sorry to hear you would think that… The jacket is an original design from Liberty Jane. We are working hard to get all the designs translated into pdf sewing patterns, it just takes time to photograph all the steps and show the entire process from start to finish and test the patterns to be sre that they produce consistant results. We plan to have that pattern as well as the others from this past fall line avialable as ASAP.

12. taylor says:

is this pattern hard? plz someone reply soon

• Cinnamon-LJC says:

Hi Taylor, the pattern is an intermediate level because of the time involved, amout of pieces (some are very small too), and the skills that you should be comfortable with – like straight stitching, zigzag, gathering, and finishing edges without a serger. It’s hard to say if this is anappropriate level for you specifically, since I’m not sure where you’re at… If you’re concerned this is too difficult, an easier spring dress that you could try, would be the Salina Dress. :)

13. Betty says:

Working on this dress. I have made many Liberty Jane patterns before…but I find the directions very confusing on this one.

14. carolyn says:

I HAVE BEEN SEWING FOR YEARS, RETIRED FROM LEVI STRAUSS & CO. OF COURSE THAT DOES NOT MAKE ME AN EXPERT ON ANYTHING. BUT THIS PATTERN IS SO CONFUSING, I JUST DON’T THINK I CAN EVER GET IT TOGETHER, AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER WANTS ONE SO BAD.

15. Valorie says:

Hi Cinnamon,
    I found the pattern very confusing because of the following:
    Step #11: The instructions call this piece the left front facing. I think this is really the pattern piece labeled placket, correct?
    Step #12: The picture has the “facing” on the wrong side of the left front and the instructions say to place it on the right side of the wearer’s front.
    This is as far as I have gotten so far………….

Hi Valorie, So sorry to hear this! I will take a closer look and see what the issue might be. The review on this pattern have all been positive, I’m sure we’ll be able to get this fugured out.