Liberty Jane Button Up Shirt Pattern

Liberty Jane Button Up Shirt Doll Clothes Pattern

LJC Button-Up Shirt Doll Clothes Pattern

Pattern Overview:

Sure to be a new classic, the Liberty Jane button-up shirt is a wardrobe staple for your 18 inch American Girl Doll. This design includes back yoke, front yoke or optional solid front piece, front placket, collar stand, curved hemline, elbow length sleeves, and optional full length long sleeves with snapping cuffs. The front opening is designed to close with snaps or velcro and have decrotive tiny buttons sewn on the outside (front buttons are not functional, but you could easily sew working buttonholes if desired).Pair this cute top with shorts or capris, a mini skirt, or a casual pair of cut-offs – Looking pretty has never been simpler!

This shirt was originally featured in the Le Marais outfit which was part of the Liberty Jane Fall 2012 International Collection. In that outfit we used the long sleeve version and the yoke design but with all one color fabric. (The tiny buttons used on the Le Marais shirt were purchased from Zipper That Doll)

Supplies Needed:

• 1/3 yard lightweight woven fabric
  • 1/8 yard lace (for contrasting yoke, optional)
  • 7  - 1/4″ buttons (or smaller)
  • 6  - size 3 snaps OR 3″ piece of Velcro (only 4 snaps if making 3/4 sleeves)
  • Thread
  • Hand sewing needle

Pattern Details: There are 27 pages of full color step by step instruction and 3 pages of printable pattern pieces. There are also 3 pages of text only instructions for quick printing and to save on ink! These full color easy to follow instructions walk you through each step in completing your new shirt for your 18 inch American Girl Doll®. This is an intermediate  level sewing pattern, skills required include: knowledge of straight seams, sewing and clipping curves and corners, topstitching, pressing, and finishing seams. The instructions walk you through each of these types of skills with full color pictures.

Fabric recommended is a lightweight woven cotton without stretch. Lace can be purchased by the yard, or a wide trim may work as well. The PDF sewing pattern provides the full size pattern pieces and step-by-step instructions. *Before printing, ensure the ‘page scaling’ is set to ‘none’ in the print dialogue box. If it is set to ‘shrink to fit’ the pattern will not be properly sized.

- – - – -

Liberty Jane and the designers featured are not affiliated with Mattel or American Girl ®

Button-up Shirt with lace yoke Liberty Jane

Also Featured in the Liberty Jane Euro Libby: Le Marais Outfit

Liberty Jane Euro Libby Le Marais

Something you might like (brought to you by Google Ads)

46 Responses to “Liberty Jane Button Up Shirt Pattern”

1. Angela says:

Love this shirt!!! Can’t wait to be able to get it and make it.

2. kelly says:

excited for this pattern! keep up the great work

3. Jessica says:

YAY THIS PATTERN IS FINALLY OUT!!!!

4. Jazzie says:

Adorable, can’t wait to get it! :D

5. Lynn says:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Jennifer says:

Cute pattern! Will you be posting a pattern for the sweater too? Thanks

7. Emily says:

Thanks so much for posting this! I love it, I can’t wait to make one for my dolls Hogwarts uniform!

8. Chris says:

I love this! Funny, I just saw a shirt like this at the mall and sketched it and now you’ve made a pattern for us! I bought it right away and can’t wait to make it. Thanks for all the great designs.

9. Madison says:

Cute! I love it!!

Madison

10. Joanne says:

I love the patterns but don’t want to print because they take sooo much ink. Does anybody have the same problem?

• Lala says:

Joanne, I find that is takes less ink on things if you just print out the pattern pages. You can you the instructions on your computer.

11. Shelley says:

Yes, Joanne. I love the patterns, but the ink used to print them is pretty pricey.

• Tamara says:

I usually print the pattern pieces and write up a text-only version for myself to bring down to my sewing room. Then as I am going through, I can add notes in my own words.

12. Donna says:

I burn the download to a CD and take it to Staples to print the pattern for me. I usually just have them do black and white to save on the expense. That is cheaper than buying ink.

13. Nancy says:

To save ink, print only the pages that have pattern pieces on them and use the fast draft method of printing. Pull the pattern up on the computer and read the directions from the screen instead of paper. The only paper I use are for the pattern pieces.

14. Nancy says:

15. Rachel says:

Is that Saige modeling? I love the shirt!

16. Nancy says:

Will you be posting the Woomra jacket pattern? Thanks.

17. Carol Abbott says:

I just bought the pattern and love the detailing. I printed the cover in color and the rest in black and white to save ink. I wish I had this pattern to fit me. It’s got very nice details.

18. Madison says:

I like it!

19. madison says:

I’ve been wanting to make a button-up shirt for my american girl doll, but I could not find a pattern for it. I’ve been waiting for the button-up shirt to come out for ag dolls… and here it is!
    Thanks ljp!!!:D!!!

20. Bluebird says:

Yay! I have been hoping you would come out with this type of button-down shirt pattern since I first discovered you. I really enjoy your patterns; the techniques I have learned from sewing with them has helped me improve my people clothes sewing skills, too!

21. Jessica says:

What will your next patterns be? Also, will there be a spring 2013 clothing collection?
    Thanks!

22. liz says:

I bought the pattern and the stand up collar piece does not go around the neck …i have sewn seams right and ripped and redone and ripped till i have a headache..it simply is not the correct size….please look in to . thanks

• TEAM LJC says:

Hi Liz, Sorry to hear that you’re frustrated. I can assure you that the piece is the correct size. The issue is probably that the front placket was attached improperly. Please look over that part of the instructions to be sure that the placket is folded back in the exact right way. If this is done incorrectly the shirt neckline won’t line up with the collar stand. You can email me directly if you are still unable to get it to line up, I’m happy to help or offer a refund.

Cinnamon

• liz says:

I have never ask for a refund…but I just can not make this work, therefore I would like a refund.

23. liz says:

the front placket is folded back according to the fold lines. If you take the stand up collar piece and measure it around the neckline it is not long enough.

I will go back again and check the fold lines…just cant figure this out.

24. Marti Leader says:

I bought this pattern and made it but it is to small for the American Girl doll. It fits the Journey doll I bought at Toys R Us. Do I have to enlarge the pattern for the AG doll? If so by how much?

25. Karen says:

Re: Marti’s comment

Marti, three issues might be going on with your pattern that is causing it to fit on the small side:

1. Did you print the size out correctly? You need to print it to the exact size of the pattern, or everything will definitely be too small. When you print, check the 1″ scale provided on the pattern with a ruler or tape measure to be sure it’s the correct size.

2. Check the seam allowances carefully. If the directions say 1/4″, the seams really need to be that dimension–not more or less. A quilting foot that measures 1/4″ seams for you while sewing might help.

3. Is your “model” a pre-Mattel (or 2008 Mattel or earlier) doll? The pre-Mattel dolls are noticeably larger, and even some of the Mattel dolls were larger in past years. For example, my 2008 Kit’s waist is 1″ larger than my 2011 Emily. It makes a big difference!

Hope this helps, because the pattern is classic and darling.

Regards,
    Karen
    (Forever 18 Inches)

26. I also have purchased this pattern, so excited to have found a “real” shirt pattern. I made one shirt out of it from a shirting fabric. It fits but it is tight and I find too tight in my taste. Also, the opening at the wrists gave me a headache to make. Very frustrating, and not very good pictures. It was just really hard to make it look good. I ended up spending way too much time making the shirt and will modify the pattern to make my own. I am an experienced seamstress and sell doll clothes on Etsy so I know how to read a pattern. I just find a lot of your patterns tight in general.

27. What are a few additional books that writes about this? Can you kindly provide
    a few other book titles that could possibly be seen in the local library?
    Appreciate it!

Feel free to surf to my web site – mold removal boca raton

28. This article is just what my Facebook Group has been looking for. I think they will be able to follow the patterns easily.

Please feel free to check out my website – href=”http://divorcelawyersinjacksonvillefl.net/”>Divorce lawyers in Jacksonville Florida

29. Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It actually was once a enjoyment account it.
    Look complicated to more brought agreeable from you!
    By the way, how can we keep in touch?

30. Vivien says:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about american. Regards

31. Yes! Finally something about shunners.

32. Ally says:

Hi! I bought this pattern and fabric a few months ago. The only problem is that when it comes time to sew, the pieces usually get jammed in my machine. I read online that the fabric might be too thin for my machine. What do you think? Anything I can do to fix this instead of buying new fabric? Hope u can help.
    -Ally

33. Wow, this paragraph is nice, my sister is analyzing these things,
    therefore I am going to inform her.

34. Howdy fantastic blog! Does running a blog like this require a massive amount work?
    I have absolutely no knowledge of coding but I had been hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyhow, if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please
    share. I understand this is off subject however I just needed
    to ask. Cheers!

35. Magnificent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and
    you’re just too great. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way
    in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care
    of to keep it wise. I cant wait to read much more from you.
    This is actually a great web site.

36. Jesenia says:

I think what you wrote made a bunch of sense.
    But, what about this? what if you composed a catchier title?

I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your blog, but suppose you added
    a title that grabbed a person’s attention?
    I mean Liberty Jane Button Up Shirt Doll Clothes Pattern | Liberty Jane Doll Clothes Patterns For American Girl Dolls is kinda vanilla.
    You should look at Yahoo’s home page and watch how they
    create article headlines to get viewers to open the
    links. You might add a related video or a picture or two to grab people excited about
    everything’ve got to say. Just my opinion, it could make your blog a little livelier.

37. hello! Excuse this little note, but I wanted to mention this neat site for British bike riders who wish to save some mullah when buying bike gear. Bysie bye